Moving is not as simple as packing your belongings into a few boxes and hitting the road. While it would be nice if moving were that simple, there is much more work involved. You have to budget, plan, hang out with friends and family for the last time, research the area you’re moving to, pack your clothes — the list goes on. One thing, in particular, you have to figure out before the moving date is how you are going to transport large items that require special attention and won’t fit in the back of a pick-up truck. While many people spend time considering different options to transport these large and unique items to the new location of their home, there is really only one smart option: hire professional movers that offer specialty moving services.
Specialty moving can be essential if you have odd or large items that don’t quite fit into moving boxes. Specialty movers can be found all across the nation, but when it comes to moving companies in Columbus, Georgia, there is not a more reliable company to choose than Helping Hands Moving Service! At Helping Hands, we specialize in both residential, commercial, and specialty moving. Because specialty moving services aren’t offered by every moving company, we put together a guide to help those who are moving soon and have possessions that require special handling and delivery instructions to keep their value. In this specialty moving guide, we’re going to look at some common household items that require special care and handling when moving, as well as the benefits of hiring specialty movers.
What are specialty items?
Many households contain items that can fit into the specialty category. These are generally items that have extra large dimensions, a high intrinsic value, or require special care, handling, and delivery instructions. Check out some common items that require specialty moving:
- Piano. Pianos can weigh anywhere from 300 to 900 pounds — an item you can’t really move alone. Not to mention, pianos require special tools for moving, disassembly, and reassembly.
- Pool Tables. While playing pool is fun, moving a pool table is quite the opposite. Depending on the size and model, pool tables can weigh at least 650 pounds, and they can even weigh up to 900 pounds. Needless to say, It takes experienced movers to safely and efficiently move a pool table.
- Large Appliances. Certain makes and models of refrigerators, washers, dryers, and other large home appliances are often too large to fit in your door, let alone a car. These large and delicate appliances need to be moved and transported safely and easily, so it’s best to leave it to the experts.
- Art and Antiques. Why risk damaging valuable art and cherished antiques during the moving process? Many high-value items like these will require special methods of packing, handling, shipping, and delivery to ensure that they arrive at your new home in pristine condition.
- Furniture. Do you have large or special furniture that you need to bring along? Whether it’s a ceiling-high wine cellar, a vintage Victorian lounge, or other large pieces of furniture, specialty movers possess the knowledge and tools to move these items in the most secure and safe way.
- Other big, bulky, or extremely heavy items. Other large items, such as hot tubs, exercise equipment, chandeliers, and any other items that are difficult or impossible to move on your own should be moved with the help of a professional mover.
As you can see, there are many common household items that may require specialty moving. If you are wondering whether or not to look for moving companies that offer specialty moving services, consider some of the many benefits.
Benefits Of Specialty Moving
There are plenty of benefits of hiring specialty moving services to help you during your next move. Unlike furniture moving services or specific services, specialty services can move a wide range of items. Check out some of the many benefits of hiring a specialty moving company that has experience and knowledge gained from years of performing highly demanding moves.
Nothing is worse than throwing out your back or dropping something heavy on your foot during the moving process. When people try to move large or heavy items, they risk the potential of seriously injuring themselves and adding unneeded stress to an already taxing process. A professional mover will have the know-how, training, and moving equipment required to get the job done safely, securely, and without any accidents.
Quick And Stress Free-Move
The moving process is long enough as is, and dealing with large and heavy items will only slow the process down. When you hire a professional moving company like Helping Hands Moving Service, they will ensure that your items are moved safely, quickly, and efficiently in order to help reduce any feelings of stress or frustration that are associated with the move.
Moving big and hefty items can cause a number of logistical problems. For example, your new home may have narrow halls, tight corners, stairs, difficult doorways, and other challenges that can make moving a nightmare. Professional movers have a solid understanding of how certain items need to be angled and carried in order to safely get the items out of your old home and into your new one.
Tools, Materials, and Packing
Moving unique specialty items securely and efficiently requires the proper packing materials, tools, and methods. Professional moving companies have access to these, which can really make the moving process smoother. Moving experts have a wide variety of tools to assist with moving, such as dollies, hoisting straps, ramps, belts, and more. With materials like crates, sturdy boxes, padding, and other packing essentials, you can assure your belongings will be protected during transit. Professional moving companies are the best equipped to move large specialty items.
Hiring a professional moving company to move heavy, specialty items just makes the most sense in many cases. They have the proper personnel, training, experience, and equipment to ensure that your household specialty items are moved safely and securely into your new home.
Request A Specialty Moving Quote Today!
Are you moving soon? Do you have large, hard-to-move items that you want to transport to your new home safely? Are you searching for moving companies in Columbus, GA? If you answered yes, Helping Hands Moving Company can help! Our Columbus moving company has the proper knowledge, experience, materials, tools, and the ability to help you move just about any item. If you have any questions about our moving services or would like a free moving quote, contact our movers in Columbus, GA today!